Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I guess I should update this thing since it's been forever. Averie is now 8 months old and she's growing like crazy. She can sit up finally, but still isn't crawling. I don't expect that to happen for awhile though, because she's such a lazy girl. She is in love with her sister and will not eat if her sister is in the room. The two of them together is the cutest thing though. They are starting to interact more and they will sit on the floor and play together. Kennedy is always trying to talk to her and ask her if she wants to sit on her lap. Sometimes I feel like I'm going to go crazy because Kennedy is ALWAYS trying to pick her up. No matter how many times we tell her not to she still does it. I guess that's part of being a parent of a three year old with selective hearing.

Kennedy has recently started to write and draw much better. Her drawings actually look like what she is trying to draw and some of them are quite impressive for her age. She drew a goose a few weeks ago after watching aristocats and it really looked like a goose. Her teachers say she can write most of her name...which I knew, but they also said she is one of the few kids in her class that actually tries to write her name. We are very proud of our little stinker. Although, I think she could work on her social skills. Apparently a little girl in her class pushed her and my sweet little redhead decided that she would inform me to tell her mother that she can't come to school anymore. I of course didn't tell her Mom that, but I told Kennedy to tell the little girl that it makes her sad when she does that. She seemed to take that well. Kennedy has also started ballet, tap, and tumbling classes. She lights up when she is dancing and it's quite possibly the cutest thing ever. In fact she infomed me after her first class that I can go watch her and she will show me how to dance. This is a good thing!

Ken and I have been busy with life. He's still going to school and getting straight A's and he's working at his job full time. In addition to this he is doing webdesign for a few people for some extra money. The schools here are in a budget crisis and many schools are possibly going to be shutting down early this year because they can't afford to keep them running. I rarely get calls anymore because most of the schools that I worked for are in the Reynolds district. Apparently they are going to be filing bankruptcy. I'm sad to see this happen and the people who really are going to pay for this is our children. I'm hoping they get things figured out so that this is not the case. I've also started going back to the gym and have been working out with Julie a lot. I'm hoping to get to my goal weight of 130 by the end of the year. I know it's going to happen this year because I'm more determined than ever to get back in shape. If I can just stay healthy and keep the girls healthy. Speaking of which We have all been really sick except of course Ken. He's got a super immune system and he eats like crap, drinks crap, doesn't take his vitamins, and is just all around not taking care of himself. Somehow he escapes getting sick every single time we do. All I can say is I wish I had his immune system. He's another one of those people with selective hearing. I've been trying to get him to the doctor to have a mole looked at and he never does make an appointment. I have officially given up on nagging him. He's a big boy and should be able to do it on his own.

I have also read this book that gave some insight on my husband. Although, I admit I had quite a few shocks after reading it I feel empowered to understand him a little better. The book is called for women only (what you need to know about the inner lives of men) written by Shaunti Feldhahn. There was also a book for men to read that is by the authors husband. As soon as our friend is done with it I am handing it over to Ken so he can understand me better. Anyways, I'm out of room here. Hopefully I will blog more often now that facebook has improved.

No comments: