Tuesday, February 3, 2009

RIP Punkin

I can't believe I forgot to update about our precious cat Punkin. A little backround on her:

My Stepdad was painting a house and this adorable calico cat was sleeping in the back of his truck every day. The lady that owned the house had told him she was a stray along with all the other cats that she was feeding. So he brought her home on Halloween 1998 and gave her to me. She was the prettiest Calico you could have ever seen, but with her cuteness came some attitude. She would scratch at the bottom of the door every morning when she wanted you to feed her. If you let her in your room she would knock over anything and everything just to get you up. She was such a pain in the ass sometimes! She was also the friendliest cat and would be annoying when people came over. She always wanted to be petted and held. Punkin was Kennedy's best friend. I don't know that Punkin felt the same way, but she tolerated Kennedy. A year after Kennedy was born she started to have UTI's on a regular basis and this had continued for the next two years. This last fall she had started to get an infection in her cyst and the only option was surgery which would have costed 500 dollars. Her infection had clear up and heal before we could do surgery, but we couldn't afford the surgery. Her infection never cleared all the way up and it never healed either. She was miserable and in pain. She would try to walk, but only make a few steps before she would fall down again. All she wanted to do was lay by the fireplace. I remember looking into her eyes and I just knew she was ready to die. She just wasn't there anymore...she looked empty. We had decided to put her to sleep on October 30th 2008. One day before her 10th anniversary of living with me. We decided to burry her at my parents house since I've always felt like that is where she really belonged. Although, I will forever miss her, I will NOT miss her pooping on the floor. =)

No comments: